Jazz Bass pickup screw source..hard

LazerBeakShiek

It is a life preserver
Looking to get some pickup screws for my Fender Jazz Bass std USA 4 string. Here is where it gets weird. They are M2.6x40mm . They need to be 40mm long. Always have been 40mm. Not 38mm. Not 36mm. 40mm. Don't let anyone tell you different. It needs the ( if they are 38mm)2mm of height adjustment with through body bridges.

A M3x40mm button head self tapping will work, but the M2.6x40mm is best..

Where are they?
I found a source in France, however when they arrived in the mail...they were only 38mm.

M3x40mm button heads, why so hard to find?

Man, that's crazy. Why would your USA bass have hardware that's impossible to find? Even the Fender Parts screws don't match what you're after :unsure:

Anyone know why they are M2.6x38mm now? I got them from Pegasus fastener shop before. M2.6x40mm
why does my Jazz Bass have 2 of the same, bridge length pickups? like i cant use a set of jazz pickups. I need two bridge pickups to fit the routing cut out.
its a real fender jazz bass from the early 90's.

Last edited:
Have you tried Stewmac.com? I am also curious why an American bass would have metric fasteners instead of US standard ?

Come on chaps, it’s just a mm to inch thing. An inch and a half is 38mm, and a 1/10th inch hole is clearance fit for 2.6mm. The inch and a half screw length just got converted. If a mm makes a difference, something is wrong in a length because that’s a tiny number of turns per mm. Surely if they are a couple of mm too long you just do a couple of strokes on a file, and move on.

Back