Zoom H4N Pro Audio Interface Issues

tsfrance

Hello everyone. I have a H4N Pro that I use as a audio interface to record into my DAW but I don't record too often and sometimes I will record in the Zoom and then just move the files over but today I wanted to use it as a audio interface. It shows up in my DAW and it lets me choose it but when I try to arm it I get a message saying it can not be used. This is on a Windows 11 machine. The funny thing is that as a output device it works fine but as a interface to record, my DAW just wont let me use it. I have even tried 2 other DAWS with the same type of message. I have been through every windows setting in audio that I could find and nothing helps. I even pulled out a half dead old windows 10 machine and with the same DAW it worked fine there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

So after a ton of time and watching videos which did not help I finally fixed it on my own by a fluke. Going through all my settings in my daw it led me to this windows settings which i had not seen yet.

2023-08-22_12h23_23.png

One of the items there that you can't see now because I deleted it was spotify. I deleted spotify from my machine and everything went back to normal. I had no idea I even had spotify on my machine but it was doing something to the recording process.

Anyway, maybe it might help someone else.

Don't you hate it when MS installs crap with the OS that you don't need? Like all the XBox game bar. I don't have anything Xbox, don't need any of it on my computer. VR headgear software? Nuke it!

If I want to install LibreOffice, or the Rightmark Audio Analyzer, it darn well better do it. Stop trying to protect me from myself! After fooling with computers for almost 50 years, I might actually know a bit about what I'm doing!

Back