digitally transfering songs to PC

BVogel

Is there any software out there that will let me digitally transfer recordings I have done on my MD to the computer? I have a USB cable on it and you can send songs to and from your computer, but you can't send things that you have recorded to your computer with the software they give you. Is analog the only way?

Thanks

Bret

:(

UNfortunatly, yes. Yes as in "analog is the only way", not yes as in "yes you can tranfer songs digitally".
There are a lot of people working on this right now. Trying to make software that will enable you to upload your songs. Nobosdy has done it yet. There is also a big petition to sony to come out with software/hardware to allow uploads. The problem is that sony does not want to put their ATRAC compression algorythm onto the computer. Sure, they say their software has ATRAC compression, but it's a crappy version of it like SP2 or SP4, anything that says it's full ATRAC is really just unsampled SP2.
Anyway, you can watch the project or go sign the petition at the minidsc t-board
http://www.t-station.net/forum/
in the netmd section
or go do a search at sourceforge.net for any netmd software.

What unit do you have anyway?
I have a sony 707 and there are some neat things you can do to unlock some extra features.

-Nilbog

Sure, use a Soundblaster Audigy platinum soundcard and plug into either the USB or, if you have it, optical cable and record at 24 bit using 'What U Hear' as a sound source.

Yes

No dude, i found a way to record from you mini-disc to you computer. first you need one of those two way (male-male) cables, then you plug one end to the headphone jack of your mini-disc player and the other end to your computer line in (mic jack). after that, all you need a something to record the audio coming through your line in, i use all sound recorder xp and it worked really well. so yeah, that's what i did, i hope it helps a few people out :>

A-ron

Back