Assuming we have musicians in this OT forum tell some history or stories and beginnings

Not that i recall but some of those days were pretty blurry.
Interesting legends about Bruce and Bill. Suffice to say the Bill Chinnock Band became legends in Maine at the same time Bruce was hitting it big. Same style, same instrumentation...good stuff.

I was four or five when I started noodling on grandma's piano. I think I liked playing the "Jaws" shark theme on the low keys. But I got a lot of positive feedback from my parents and grandma, and kept playing. I began to pick out songs by ear and developed some skill in improvising. I took some lessons but had to unlearn too much and play what I felt were boring excercises so I quit.

I kept playing to records in my bedroom on an upright my dad bought me, and added a synthesizer in 1983. I still have it.

I didn't play with other people in high school. I just stayed home and practiced the piano and noodled about on a nylon string guitar.

In college, I got to play with other people. They liked blues piano and classic rock kind of stuff. I got into a band and became the singer because I was willing to. We were terrible, but I learned a lot about improvising and playing in an ensemble. We made a record in a studio and it cost 5k. That was a lot of money at the time.

Along the way I taught myself how to play a guitar. Mostly acoustic, but picked up a black SG special and a fender deluxe amp and started to learn the electric. I'm okay at the guitar - my leads are really simple and I try to stick to my comfort zone. I liked odd tunings and odd times.

I was the singer in a punk rock outfit for a few years. We did pretty well; the music was muscular and boring. After that, I wanted to start something of my own design. I couldn't find a drummer that played how I wanted, so I taught myself how to play the drums. Me and my longtime bass-playing buddy (who also plays great rhythm guitar) Steve formed Little Purple Circles, and we made four albums.

I got divorced and lost the studio. I'm renting a place nearby where I can rehearse, and joined an EDM outfit wherein I play an electric drum set. Weird.

I'm at an age where I'm just happy to be in a band, so I stay in my lane.

Maybe someday I'll put another band together.

Yeah, I liked supercrap's stuff. My memory is generally pretty good,but was thinking you were drums and guitar, or guitar and drums, didn't know keys was your main.

What synth from '83 do you still have?

Cool. Was just curious. I'm not really a keys guy but picked-up a Juno 60 at a pawn shop mid 90s for a buck and I think a little change. At that price what the heck. Fun synth to add to a recording, or lug to a jam session to add a little flavor.

Cool. Was just curious. I'm not really a keys guy but picked-up a Juno 60 at a pawn shop mid 90s for a buck and I think a little change. At that price what the heck. Fun synth to add to a recording, or lug to a jam session to add a little flavor.
Yeah. The 60 does some cool stuff the 106 can't. It's a keeper.

About five, eight years ago, some one gave me a Juno 106 with a case. Said it didn't work. I put a battery in it. They weren't a musician, I don't no how they got it but when it was offered to me I took it.

Back