Calling out to Zoom U-44 users

yannikab

Hello all,

I just purchased and plugged in a Zoom U-44 audio interface on a Windows 10 PC. I had the impression the interface supported two stereo output devices, 1-2 and 3-4. However when I plugged into my PC, I only see one stereo device under Windows. It's a shame I can't utilize a second device for a different application, that is also volume controllable and mutable by the hardware controls.

Is that a limitation of the Zoom driver? Does anyone know of a method I can have both devices in my audio device settings? I also have a Universal Audio Volt 4 that when plugged in shows two devices normally. Both devices are 4 out so shouldn't the U-44 behave similarly?

Please help! Especially Zoom U-44 users. I otherwise love the audio interface, it's fantastic.

The U-44 certainly presents all its inputs and outputs to any ASIO aware application - although not all applications seem to support multiple channels - I can only see one stereo input or output with the RX audio editor. I see that ASIO4All can also see all the channels so I would guess that it presents itself as a single 4 channel device rather than multiple stereo devices to most Windows software. Reaper sees all the inputs when using Direct Sound and the MME Wave Out drivers but only sends to outputs 1 and 2. To get sound from outputs 3 and 4 I have to use ASIO.

Thanks for your response! Indeed it seems to only present one "normal" stereo device to Windows. I wonder why they did not add a second device to the drivers for the phones output, I don't see how that would be difficult. In any case, all four channels are indeed visible if you use ASIO. Luckily I have found a couple of solutions that work very nicely in presenting ASIO outputs as WDM devices, namely VB-Audio ASIO Bridge (Voicemeeter) and ASIO Link Pro. They work great with Zoom's ASIO implementation so far, no stability issues. Thanks again for your input.

Luckily I have found a couple of solutions that work very nicely in presenting ASIO outputs as WDM devices, namely VB-Audio ASIO Bridge (Voicemeeter) and ASIO Link Pro. They work great with Zoom's ASIO implementation so far, no stability issues. Thanks again for your input.
Thanks for coming back to this. Those look like they are useful utilities.

Back