I solved it

3d60

resorting to the time honoured trick of physical abuse, I repeatedly ( mainly in desparation than scientific obvjective research ) struck it against my thigh, resulting in a satisfying rattiling sound, after 20 such strikes, I replaced said disk back in.................It ran, it bloody well worked. An old trick I have learnt is to put a track mark in, as that forces a TOC to occour therefore correcting the first corrupted TOC..so I did that and now I have the recording and a very annoying conclusion. Does hitting delicate equipment in to submission work ???? er ....yes. But why!!. why does a magneto optical recording medium seemingly correct its self due to physical interference, or is the mental threat process; my injurious vibes towards the disk, is that the magical ellement. As a post note I have done it before by willing an Indian Bus Drivers tape machine to self destruct, which was inflicting physical pain in the form of hindi music being played above the threshold of hearing; whilst travelling in India.I could Do nothing expcept consentrate my deffened mind on to said machine in a beam of intent and mercy... My mind is clearly a force to be reckoned with, or is this all random....???

Last edited:
That's good news!

Are you saying you rapped the Minidisc recorder into submission, or the Minidisc media?

If you banged the Minidisc recorder, then it worked, it might be safe to assume there were some jammed or stuck parts in the Minidisc mechanism. If the shutter doesn't open, or if there's an imperfect disc loading, then it could refuse to read the disc.

Anyway, if what you did worked, then you're okay!;)

Back