Native Instrument User agreements, about selling beats in trackouts format.

BillNora

I just want to know your opinions about this topic because even in the NI official forum, I couldn't have a clear answer to this question. When you purchase a lease to use a NI instrument, like the strings essentials, voice of gaïa and stuff..., you are allowed to use those instruments for your commercial projects. BUT, you are not allowed to resell samples of those instruments in sample based products like sample packs for exemple. My question is: Is trackout format when you want to sell your beats, is considered by this rule? Because technically a beat in trackout format is a sample based product no?

The usual answer really is that when you use your skills to produce something that has an identifiable intellectual property from an NI or similar product, it’s yours for income generation and copyright. If it’s the sample with no work bar tweaks then you break the rules. Songtradr and others even warn you about samples and stems. You have to decide how it applies to your music

You should also check the EULA from the actual developer, not just NI (only the vendor). E.g., Voices of Gaia is a Soundiron product. UVI comes across to me as the absolute strictest, maybe even unenforceable: They claim any and all audio output not in a musical piece.

Paj
8^)

Back