NEw to forum, just bought a EBAY MD8 w/troubles

DaleG

hello,
help pls.
Im sorta familiar with the MD8...so not a total NEWB.
Trouble with this machine is..
1. channels 2-8 appear to be dead in all modes. DIR and GRP.
2. cant record to them in DIR or GRP
3. the only disc i have came with unit and is full of recorded music already, do i need to start with a blank?
4. startup LED test appears good.
5. after power up test....only TRK1 LED is lit, should all 8 be on?

sound like the record head?,
is there a diagnostic that can be done?,
all help apreciated
this thing is pretty worthless if i cant multitrack and bounce tracks. hope i dint buy a lemon.

Last edited:
My advice is to contact Yamaha techsupport. They may be able to get this running real quick. Off the top of my head, it sounds like a connector has gotten loosened up by rough handling. If you have the nerve, open it up and gently push all the connectors onto the boards ......Gently!!!

chazba

Found the Problem

Turns out the clown who sold it to me only gave me recordable MD disc.
Would only recognize 1 track. It needed a DATA MINI DISC. Alls well now.

THANKS

Mini data disks (MDD)

Any of you know where the chaepest source of MDD disks is? I'm at the stage where I'm deleting stuff I'd rather not and my local shop has stopped supplying them.
Chas

mdd supply

thomann are a huge european suppliers and they have pretty much every thing try searching thomann cyberstore ,some very good cheap mics too

kaminari13 said:
thomann are a huge european suppliers and they have pretty much every thing try searching thomann cyberstore ,some very good cheap mics too

richer sounds were quite cheap last time I was in

THOMANN just bought a neumann KMS105 from there & it cost less & came to me quicker than it would've from Glasgow......

Back