Someone Else remix

mark skinner

Hello , here's a new one that's an instrumental for now. Acoustic guitars and piano. The electric G&L Tele style guitar was processed in Bias FX using a Les Paul in "guitar match". This works pretty decent if you have only one electric guitar but would like different guitar sounds. Strat,Tele, LP. PRS etc .. Nits ,crits and suggestions welcomed . Thanks .. mark

Hello , here's a new one that's an instrumental for now. Acoustic guitars and piano. The electric G&L Tele style guitar was processed in Bias FX using a Les Paul in "guitar match". This works pretty decent if you have only one electric guitar but would like different guitar sounds. Strat,Tele, LP. PRS etc .. Nits ,crits and suggestions welcomed . Thanks .. mark
SoundClick links are just going to the home page for some reason... but, only from this site :cry:

Thanks Guys ! @Bulls Hit , I enjoy doing the bass on busy songs. Always an oppertunity to funk things up a little. @LazerBeakShiek , this was a tough one to mix. I had to cut out quite a few parts on diffferent tracks . I'm surprised it came out soothing at all .. @JAPOV , Thanks for the listen and comment. I actually had troubles getting this one posted. Didn't do anything different but kept having link problems. Maybe it is sorted out now. @stratmonkee , nice compliment , I didnt before, but now picking up a little Morrison vibe.. I'll probably start a remix. I'm hearing some panning adjustments I need to make and some volume automation on the lead guitar . Later .. mark

I tried this one a couple of different times and ran in to Soundclick problems. Anyway it's working now.

The guitars all sound very good. Tasteful playing too.

Piano sounds OK. A bit artificial but not too bad.

The first thing about the overall mix that immediately stuck out to me was the low end. To me it's far too heavy. It muddies up the mix and takes attention away from the guitars and keys. The kick is the biggest contributor to this. But in lots of spots the bass is too rumbly as well. I like when the bass is making runs when it's playing higher up the neck. But other times it's just too thumpy.

Thanks @Eric V and @TripleM . I'm calling this one done and moving on. The link now reflects a mild remix and new master. Lot of the lows were adjusted as well as low mids. Think it's cleaner now. I agree about the piano synth. I was having problems with it and bounced it to audio . So .. I have to now live with it.
Thanks for the listens and comments .. mark

Back