Why musicians friend sucks

m.f is cool in my book

yea well lets see i orderd a $700 drumset fine a part even broke and they sent a new one real fast. i got a $500 p.a mixer for a great price and they shiped it fast for me..i got a $1200 md8 still they were great to me i have orderd over the phone and the web they are great so far.. dont let somthing like a stupid md(noiwantsonynoalligotistdk) lets face it they have great gear at great prices i hate mars and they are always out of md anyway thought id drop a line or two

1. Yea, I ordered a mic and three, yes three times, they sent me the Wrong microphone.

Each time they apologized and told me the stock was placed on the wrong shelf. I ordered a multi-pattern mic and they kept sending me a cardioid. Why didn't the stock person move the stock to the right location?!?!

2. I also have issues with Harmony Central forums....they just plain SUCK.

3. I took my guitar to Guitar Center so the right pickup would be ordered. Guess what after two attempts it was still the wrong pickup. They said we are so sorry we will order it again and give it to you FREE. Guess what IT WAS WRONG AGAIN.

Did I mention I will never buy ANYTHING from that chain of stores again.

4. I called customer service and asked for the CEO or president. They wanted to know why they could not handle my problem. I said I am not at liberty to discuses the matter with you (being that they did squat for the last 6 wrong orders) I wasn't about to discuses the mater with them, they resolved nothing.

GET THIS customer service said, "if you are not at liberty to tell us the problem we are not at liberty to tell you how to contact the president"

Screw You, MUSICIANS ENEMY and GUITAR CHEAPS

Last edited:
LOOK at this customers statement, You suck, Musicians Enemy

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=480267&g=guitar&rpp=10&src=3SOSWXXA

Epiphone firefly

Jan 27, 2006 - Buyers beware! I purchased a NEW Epiphone firefly amp- or so I thought. The amp arrived damaged and after I inspected the box it was shipped in I found two invoices. The amp had been returned by another customer and they thought they would pawn their damaged goods off on me. When I contacted MF they said they would exchange the amp but I would have to wait two weeks to get a new one. They did not have to wait two weeks for their money, so why should customers have to wait for their items. The amp itself is well worth the money. Just inspect your amp carefully. You don't want to receive someone's blem. You want what you paid for. I am still waiting for mine.

i've dealt with musicians friend for many years now, and placed many many many orders. the prices are usually right (i'll use them for other companies to price match) and it's usually a no hassle thing.

someone earlier said dont get upset, it's just a few MDs the problem is this is how they treat ANY fucked situation that arises.

I recently ordered about 2k worth of shit from them. Included was a pair of monitors. I just got off the phone with them about getting the second monitor, which still hasn't shown.

I had to get a superior's superior on the phone and explain to them how to handle it, and to prove myself not a liar.

I told them to pull all the tracking numbers and check weight. After totalling that weight, add up what the weight of the order should be. Missing 27 pounds huh??? yeah.

Finally they sent it out today (or so they say). But even though promising me that they'd overnight it, im sure it'll slowly poke along ground shipping. They don't know how to handle their customers at all when a problem arises , and that's just bad news.

I'm officially a zzounds customer. anything i can't find there, i'll try and find local.

I sent this thread to both Musiciansfriend and Guitar Center

Guess what

Nothing ...

Just the exact amount of ordering I plan on ever doing with either of them.

What a hack operation. I heard they had to get a new president.

Back