Zoom R8 SD Card will not recognise in the Zoom R24

djamesk13

Hello All,

I have had a R8 for a couple of years now, and have decided to upgrade to a R24? I have inserted the SD card from the R8 into the R24, but its not picking nothing info up, i have made sure the protector is set to off?
Someone has said i have format the card in the R24, i was under the impression that would wipe it clean???

Any help will be gladly appreciated

Dave

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that the R8 and R24 will have differences in file formats. You can reformat the card in the R24, Its the same process as the R8. Check page 102 of the manual.
TOOL > SD Card > Format > ENTER.

I'm guessing that the R24 won't reformat unless you tell it to. You wouldn't want it to wipe a card that was mistakenly inserted. If you wipe it in your computer, it will set up the file structure when you insert it.

If you have audio from the R8, you might want to save it on your computer first, if you don't want to lose the data!

Thanks for the reply mate.
Gonna get a new sd card, format it, I have saved my projects on my computer, and then hopefully move them to the sd card, fingers crossed it works?

I bought a bunch of 16GB SD cards and use then like we used to use tape. Archive it and keep the raw recordings in a file box. The cost of a 16GB SD card is about the same as I used to pay for a 1800ft 1/4" reel of Maxell tape! All it took was one time of thinking I had the project saved and reformatting the SD card, only to realize I hadn't copied things to realize that reusing the same SD card over and over was false economy!

Back