Behringer Truth B3030a vs B3031a

Hey y'all! I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to use either of these monitors or better yet compare them. I haven't seen many comparisons on the boards so let's start one here! I'm planning to get one of these models this week. The 3030a has a 6-3/4" woofer and the 3031a has a 8-3/4" woofer. Both have same 2' size ribbon tweeters. There's only a hundred dollar difference between the pair and according to the Behringer data sheet they have the same frequency response. My main questions are if the bigger size woofer will reproduce more bass as opposed to the smaller one even though they are rated at the same frequency response. Please chime in, thanks!

The 31 can play louder than the 30 and a bigger box will always produce more bass. If you have a larger room or have a need for more than one person to listen to playback, consider the larger ones.

I have the old model with the conventional tweeters and I think the low end sounds sloppy. (I don't mean distorted. I just mean not as tight and accurate as it could be.)

I read that some people feel that the ribbon sounds a bit too sharp while others really enjoy the clarity it offers. It comes down to personal taste. No box is perfect. You can learn to mix on anything.

I have the old model with the conventional tweeters and I think the low end sounds sloppy. (I don't mean distorted. I just mean not as tight and accurate as it could be.)

Yup, I had the older ones as well. There was plenty of bass there, but like you, I felt it was not as tight as it could be.

Back