All analog recording. Full band.

MSSRecords

Sharing an all analog recording of the Eddie Rorschach & the Lizard Brain OrKestra. Lo-fi as possible, no noise reduction, the works.

Last edited:
This is a pi55 take, surely? Its a terrible recording of a terrible band. I googled and listened to properly recorded releases. They’re so wierd that they have a genre of their own. Who on earth would think its listenable to?

This is a pi55 take, surely? Its a terrible recording of a terrible band. I googled and listened to properly recorded releases. They’re so wierd that they have a genre of their own. Who on earth would think its listenable to?
Stellar review! Indeed you're so entitled that you deserve all the praise you can get. Just heard your nirvana covers and was left speechless at how incredible they were! Your sheer talent for defecating on music is boundless.

I'm sorry I have offended, but I thought it was like this one. Buddy Holly's 1950s recordings were amazing. It's the kind of jazz people play with no interaction with the rest of the band. they all start together and then, they're on their own. It's rare we ever say things are awful here, but I genuinely thought it was a joke. They play with meaning would be the best I can do.

I'm sorry I have offended, but I thought it was like this one. Buddy Holly's 1950s recordings were amazing. It's the kind of jazz people play with no interaction with the rest of the band. they all start together and then, they're on their own. It's rare we ever say things are awful here, but I genuinely thought it was a joke. They play with meaning would be the best I can do.

Well Bob... you really think someone can be offended by you? That's even more arrogant.

We're all aware you are simply limited by your level of perception, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

Even arguing with you feels like teaching thermodynamics while sitting in a henhouse.

I thought it was interesting but I like some Max Roach so there's that. Two things I did not like: one, the drum sound and how repetitious they were and two, I didn't like the bass playing constant 1/8th notes. I actually liked the rest. I listened on my phone so I can't comment on the sound quality.

Sharing an all analog recording of the Eddie Rorschach & the Lizard Brain OrKestra. Lo-fi as possible, no noise reduction, the works.
Well you achieved the Lo Fi as Possible version - it doesn’t sound bad to me - just kind of pedestrian with very little dynamics due the Low Fidelity -
and either the guitar is making mistakes or that is part of the Low Fi charm.

Well you achieved the Lo Fi as Possible version - it doesn’t sound bad to me - just kind of pedestrian with very little dynamics due the Low Fidelity -
and either the guitar is making mistakes or that is part of the Low Fi charm.
Making mistakes, :unsure: that's odd... Ohhh I see what happened, you "mistook" this for a Kenny G cover. Well, this will probably shock you, Nate, the world class producer hahah but rest assured this is not a Kenny G cover, silly, and it's not your other fave, green day either. It's free improv. BTW really having a blast with all the incels going for the "sarcasm sunday extra cheesecake" on this crummy amateur site xD.

Look. I still have no idea if you just like this track, or are even it it? I dont know anything apart from what i heard. You put it up, we listened. If its deliberately odd, maybe you could have warned us, instead of slamming the forum and its members. Its totally fine you love it, but this section is not even the area we post music for critique, its marketing. Here, people would be talking about how to make a product attractive enough for people to buy, download, stream etc. if people like me, think its a joke product, you got the marketing wrong. There is no point trying to convince people they should like something if they dont.

My advice is this. Pack in insulting those who try to make honest comment. If you dont like us, its easily fixed. If all you wanted was a pat on the back and non-musical people telling you how brilliant it is, facebook, X and tik tok are great places. Please stop the insults. You created reaction and without any context, how do we even know what it is? Tell us why you think its great if you like, we will listen, but we are very confused. Clearly i dont get it, but if you at least try to explain, maybe the light would go on. All i got was a play button and a title.

If you like I can move it to the area where people share music, but the same people see it as most members use the new post button.

Was away from the studio yesterday but was reading this thread and it leaves me scratching my head a bit. So figured I'd wait and give a full listen to it once back.

Avant Garde I get. I am probably one of the most musically adventurous people you'll encounter but I did find this hard to approach. Now you can attack this statement or be a bit open minded yourself and help me understand what makes this a masterpiece. It is a lot of musical bits rubbing hard against each other. Lots of musical tension with little in the way of resolution. I'm not trying to tear it down but am also under no obligation to defend it as art either. You've presented it and have attacked all critiques of it. Seems to me, the obligation is yours. Please, break it down musically for us. Spare me the pearls before swines bit and really pick it apart.

I listened. It was interesting, but not enjoyable. But they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some may love it.

Hmmm .. Well certainly not my cup of tea. I struggled hard, but I managed to get through the whole thing. Recording quality aside (I don't really care about that if the song is good), one thing that drove me absolutely nuts was all the chronic rushing from the guitar player. That person really needs to practice with a metronome!

IMHO, this sounds like something the band would do as a joke while the engineer was getting levels. I mean, come on.

Level with us: This is a joke, right? 😉

This whole thread reeks a bit of troll posting.

:D
What I'd tell everyone is that it would be a very elaborate one. Starting with the YouTube Channel which links to a bunch of artists through social media with a lot of mentions of Morning Star Records. The artist credits this release with the label on their Twitter (I'll never get used to X) and is on Spotify (though not this release as of yet). So label web site and a whole lot more. Guy is seriously emotionally invested (and probably financially) in this genre.

Yes, I've too much time on my hands it would seem. Genre is called Free Jazz. I've listened to a lot of jazz and recorded a bunch. This ain't no Larry Elgart (Big Band Sax Player I recorded back in the day, no one will get the reference). In my early teens I did work for a guy that bought out estates. He got this huge collection of 78's from the 40's. Very odd experimental jazz stuff for the time but it had at least structure. It was a great prelude to discovering Zappa. I guess the free part is just improvise without the constraints of structure?

To the OP, perhaps there is a language barrier but anyone running a label and representing artists, should know their targeted audience. We here that participate on Home Recording skew a bit on the older demographic side. Lots of noobs come and go with seldom any interaction beyond their primary question for coming here. Who knows, this Free Jazz thing might really just take off and be the next big thing. A number of threads on this forum would indicate that most of the old time members here live in the dark ages of music.

I once had a bunch of 1/2" tapes that had 8 tracks of music recorded in the '80s on an Otari. It had a very similar sound quality to this.

Not crazy about that bass drum. It has all the dynamic range and charm of a programmed drum.

For some reason I was compelled to listen again.

Reminds me of 60s New York acid jazz in the village with all the beatniks stoned out of their minds bobbing their heads to some undefinable beat.

Taken in that context, it’s not half bad.

Back