H2n question

MT269

Is there any way at all to disable/remove that annoying 'delete all' function in the Zoom H2n device? There are situations where I have almost (unintentionally) deleted some tracks due to accidentally selecting this option when in a hurry to delete something, before resuming the capture.

Fortunately, I have slowly and thoughtfully navigated to the 'No' option on the rare occasion that this occurs. But I would like a way to disable it, so that I can delete files without the worry of emptying the folders. Surely there is some kind of .cfg file or something which can be accessed via some method.

Thanks

The zoom menus for file management and the way you select and fire them off mean that I know what you mean. I’ve never found any trick to changing the menu structure. I solve the risk part by never deleting things on the recorder, simply swapping cards and doing all things audio folders on the computer. If the card is getting full, then a new one goes in. I just don’t delete on the machine at all, just formatting.

Just wondering. Is it ok to delete the relics of the previous H2 from the folder structure visible in the attached image? I'd just like an idea of whether or not not it creates any folders automatically. Or if they're preinstalled. I don't want to stuff up anything, given its very linear and inflexible interface.

T2h.jpg

If the H2n is anything like the H4n and R24, the system will create all the needed files and folders when you first use the SD card. When you say "delete the relics of the previous H2", are you talking about deleting all the files? If there is nothing on the card that you need to keep, simply reformat the card and it will be like a new SD card being used.

Back