Help Help Help

gnecco

Usually I record my sequences for live performance as songs on my Yamaha MD4s. The probleb is that MD doesn't stop at the end of a song and begins to play next song. What's the way to set MD plaing songs one by one with automatic stop? Can someone help me?Thanks all!!!!

Check your repeat display, it may be set to repeat all. If it is on, pressing the repeat button until it disappears should fix it.

Thanks for reply bdwwashburn but this isn't right solution! Settings on MD are apparently ok! Must be something else ... Any other solutions?

Not exactly what you're looking for, but looks like the MD4s supports a footswitch. From what I can tell in the manual, you can use the footswitch to do the following:

Stop --press footswitch--> Play
Play --press footswitch--> Play Pause
Play Pause --press footswitch--> Play

I don't have an MD4s - I've got a similay unit from Sony, but it has very similar functionality for the footswitch.

It also has an additional repeat mode which will play the given song one time through and then locate back to the beginning of the song - sounds like that's the sort of thing you're after.

It sure seems like there would be some sort of "play next track once and stop" feature, but I guess that's not how you're supposed to use the unit. :)

A super-low-tech solution would be to record your different songs onto individual MDs and then swap them out during the performance - obviously would require some manual dexterity to accomplish, and certainly not a good solution.

Thank you bgonderi but unfortunally there must be another solution! I had a previos MD that someone has stolen to me two months ago and I had no problem with this. When it played a song it automayically stopped since I went to next song and pushed play another time. Now I have bought a second-hand MD that gives me this problem, but I'm shure that is possible setting this! ... Among other things I don't remember what' s the defoult setting.

Back