Mix recomendation for vocals

paokz

Hey guys..What mic would you recommend me for vocals?..I had 8 years rode nt-1a but its half broken now..Too much dust i think!...

So i am betwwen...RODE NT1-A again!...Sontronics stc-3x pack......Se electronics 2200a......Sontronics stc2x

Thanks!

Kinda depends on several things man. firstly, what does your voice sound like? Secondly, were you happy with the NT1a before it broke? If so, the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes in to play. If there was something you didn't like about it then can you pin point what in particular you didn't like about it?

Sorry to be a pain, but the more info the easier it is for people to make recommendations :)

The old rode nt1-a..Had too much high peaks!!..I donw know how it souds the se 2200...I heard that is good mic..Here is how is sounding my old rode nt1-a but with effect not so much crispy like before 8 years...But yep i was happy with it!..Has anyone heard about SE 2200 II c?..In this video i am "trying" to put out the crispy sound!!!!

I'm a big fan of the sE2200a and the new sE2200a II C is apparently exactly the same just in the new cooler casing (the other sE2200a MKII has different polar patterns and stuff as well). Tbf the recording in the youtube doesn't sound too bad at all, but a common complaint of the NT1a is that it's too bright, so the sE2200a could be a great alternative. Otherwise, you could always look for the older original matt grey NT1 (without the "a") second hand.

Its a little great in youtube cause i put mayny effects compressors ...But it does nout sould like used to ..Really??..it has too much bright..Cuase i heard some songs with se 2200 and i think it has more bright frrom rode!

Tbf the sE2200a is bright, as are quite a lot of the cheaper LDC mics, but i always found the brightness of the sE to be smoother and less harsh than the NT1a and seemed to work on a wider range of voices. If you want a smoother/less bright mic then you could always look at the MXL V67g or V67i, the Avantone CK6 or CK7, the sE X1 or, as i said, the original rode NT1 (which would still be my main recommendation but you can only find then second hand so it's kind of hit or miss on whether you can find one)

Hey my friend can you send me a sample from your microfone?..Just sing it if you can to understand the difference ..You save me!!

Back