Music too loud or too quiet

I watched the video, and listened on a nice pair of speakers. What I heard was a great way to squeeze the life and dynamics out of a voice, homogenize it so that it will always be louder than the road noise in the car, and remove some of the timbre that is part of the human voice.

Thats odd as none of the processing is taking place on the vocal track and even though the balance of the mix has changed there is nothing that would squeeze the vocal or remove the timbre of the voice. Vocal clarity is what you're hearing as loudness as there is no volume change on the vocal track and you can also hear the processing that was previously done to the vocal track more clearly which you may or may not like.

The instrumental track is a different story.

Last edited:
What did you listen on? Studio monitors, earbuds, IEMs, what?
As usual KRK VXT6 monitors. Almost always use them. Very rarely do I use my semi open beyerdynamic cans.
I always have AC on, tomorrow will try to shut it off, perhaps it was masking something... OR maybe I did something wrong - I don't exclude that.

I did not catch what software the guy used, looked like pro tools, but not sure. I use Nuendo, and I've noticed a lot of things differ as it comes to Nuendo/Cubase.

:)

Back