Pickup question: How similar are the Dimebucker and the Bill Lawrence l500xl?

therevivalsband

The Revivals
I'm trying to nail the Dookie tone, but Bill Lawrences are hard to come by, and I was wondering if the Dimebucker would work just as well

I have never used a DimeBucker - but have used the Lawrence L500XL pickup that Dookie was recorded with - you can easy procure one - and the Fernadez Stratocaster that he used - but without the 100-watt Marshall Plexi 1959SLP you won’t get the sound. BA had a modification that is now referred to as ‘The Dookie Mod’ or Cascading Gain Mod that takes the two channels and cascades the gain stages along with adding a master volume - that is the sound - Cascading two channels involves the changing of cathodes, resistor plates and plate output capacitors BTW - it isn’t easy to procure an un-mollested amp - but if you do the Mod will cost your around $600 or so.

I have never used a DimeBucker - but have used the Lawrence L500XL pickup that Dookie was recorded with - you can easy procure one - and the Fernadez Stratocaster that he used - but without the 100-watt Marshall Plexi 1959SLP you won’t get the sound. BA had a modification that is now referred to as ‘The Dookie Mod’ or Cascading Gain Mod that takes the two channels and cascades the gain stages along with adding a master volume - that is the sound - Cascading two channels involves the changing of cathodes, resistor plates and plate output capacitors BTW - it isn’t easy to procure an un-mollested amp - but if you do the Mod will cost your around $600 or so.
I have the boss tone studio to help me with that, but I feel that my current pickup lacks brightness

Back