Put up some pics of your kit

Naw, foam just absorbs some reflections of high end frequencies. Has no ability to stop sound transmission. It does absolutely nothing for low end, which is the biggest issue when trying to keep neighbors happy. You wouldn't like the price on what it takes to make that happen....

could very well be true RAMI, thanks for the advice, im only 17 so once i have a house of my own ill for surely have those things in mind!

jimmys69, i havent heard your opinion

Oh yeah, sorry, mixing a song and chatting at the same time.

Drums sound quite good. Again, your room will have a strong impact as to the sound you get. The high end does seem a bit muffled. Like your kick sound for sure. :)

yeah, i cant imagine the amount that would cost, id rather spend money on a nice big warehouse somewhere for a nice studio than spend money trying to keep sound in

I think that drum tracks sounds pretty decent overall. It's certainly not terrible. The overhead presence sounds mucky and dead, but the drums themselves have a nice tone to them. If you want flabby floppy Zep-like sounds, you're in the ballpark.

Foam and egg crates are shit, but in your situation it's probably better than nothing. And yeah, foam does NOTHING for controlling loudness. You can keep the foam or smoke it all up in a bong and your neighbors will still hear you all the same.

Thanks for the advice for all you guys! much appreciated! I myself love Bonham's playing and the sound they always got with the kit. i think its clean and spot on

Thanks for the advice for all you guys! much appreciated! I myself love Bonham's playing and the sound they always got with the kit. i think its clean and spot on

Bonham's sound is definitely signature. Hey man, you're more than half-way there. Your actual drums sound good. I like the meaty snare, especially.

See I think just the opposite. Bonham's playing is legendary, but I think his sound is a mess.

we all have different tastes. yeah i really liked the snare sound i had too. but now i tried out a black dot head and dont like it as much as the ambassador x.

Wasn't Bonham big on room mics?? I noticed that was missing from your clip. Sounds good otherwise. Drums are tuned and meaty. Nice. Like the others said, high end or overheads are little dull. But if you're recording in a small space, there's not much you can do except make the room as dead as possible and add in the liveliness artifically.

i dont have the right mics for room mics, otherwise i might have, but to be honest i didnt use rooms because i was jammin with my guitar player so rooms would have just picked up the guitar too. and if you listen closely you can hear guitar in this sample

i dont have the right mics for room mics, otherwise i might have, but to be honest i didnt use rooms because i was jammin with my guitar player so rooms would have just picked up the guitar too. and if you listen closely you can hear guitar in this sample

You probably don't want room mics unless you're in a good room. A room with blankets and foam everywhere isn't a good room.

Yeah, I got that you were noodling around with a guitar player. No problem. But in the future, when/if you record, you'll probably record just the drums and then room mics will get you closer to the Bonham sound. But for sure, one step at a time. Mics can be expensive. You're on a good path. :)

Yeah, and what Greg said.

thanks guys! ill give it a whirl when i sit down to record a demo for my side project with my ex-guitar player this winter! ill get my hands on a couple large diaphrams and if they dont sound good i can always just not put them in the mix

Back