There have been no posts in the last 15 days in this forum.

A Reel Person

It's Too Funky in Here!!!
:eek: :eek: ;)
I guess there is one now!

For a few days I thought I lost my MD8, or that it was stolen, but I remembered & found it in a stack of equipment. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

A Reel Person said:
:eek: :eek: ;)
I guess there is one now!

For a few days I thought I lost my MD8, or that it was stolen, but I remembered & found it in a stack of equipment. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)
It's even more quiet than the N-track forum!

We should just start making user-designated purposes for these lesser used forums.

I think we should make this the "butt-peeing forum".

Eh,... no thanks.

How about the 'equipment stacking' forum? Or the 'red recorder' forum? :eek: :eek: ;) Or the 'find your old girlfriends' forum? Wait, that's classmates dot com! How'bout the 'naked pictures of your ex-' forum!

Anything's gotta be more interesting than discussing digital recording!!! The best and most interesting thing about the MD8 is it's analog mixing section!!! :eek: :eek: ;)

A Reel Person said:
How'bout the 'naked pictures of your ex-' forum!

care to kick it off? I had an MD-8 and gave it away. I liked my casette 4-track better.

FALKEN said:
care to kick it off? I had an MD-8 and gave it away. I liked my casette 4-track better.

Surely, 8 tracks over 4, and all the fast access of MD, etc., has to be better than cassette 4-track? Never owned an MD recorder, but I always thought the concept was great.

IMHO, the concept is great on paper but in real life a good 'ol cassette 4 track wins hands down. Not just any 4 track though, I'm talkin' the 20 lb monsters from the 80's. :cool: :D

I still love my MD8 because it's so fast. Just plug up and hit record. No menus on the mixer, just reach for the knob or fader. Not crazy about the sound quality though. I can hear the compression. No big deal. When I really put something out, I'm going to a studio anyway. In the meantime the MD is a great way to lay down tracks.

I had an MD-8.

I sold it for 400 bucks.

Later I found all the project minidiscs.

/stares at pile of minidiscs/

Back