This is a joke, right?! Behringer V-Tone Power Pack 2

http://www.andertons.co.uk is a pretty good dealer that sells Mesa stuff. I worked there for a while years and years ago.

http://www.gak.co.uk is where I generally go nowadays because it's not too far from me. They sell Peavey stuff.

Personally I'd chose Peavey over Mesa because of the price and I prefer the sound of a 6505. I think Mesa stuff is massively overpriced at £1700 for a Dual Rec head and whopping £900 for a cab. Fuck that. To me that's silly money. When it comes to metal, I personally think that a lot of people who buy Mesa's are just falling for hype or buying them because a lot of their favourite ponce-metal bands have them. They are versatile amps, but people who buy them soley for metal are quite often rather naive and foolish. I'm not saying that they all are like that though...But I do hear lot of metal kids harping on about how great the dual rec is when they've never been near one, and similarly dismissing anything by peavey as crap, when they've never been near one of them either.

The 6505 head alone lists as £945 there :eek: .
Valve King head is 275 quid, but again a cabinet is extra 200. In any case it's a blind purchase either way - coz I couldn't try it until I pay and it's shipped at my doors.

I agree with what you say about Mesa (although not only metal players use it. Avril Lavigne uses Mesa Boogie :rolleyes::cool: ).

Similarly these are the same people who claim the Boss metal zone to be some kind of holy tone box.

Right, are you taking a piss here? Metal zone IS the holy tone box :D

The 6505 head alone lists as £945 there :eek: .

That's the 6505 plus. The 6505 is listed at £729, with an ex-demo one at £609. It was listed at about £800 online when I bought it. Their prices are cheaper online than at the shop because of staff cost and the usual reasons. So I think the price tag in the shop was about £850. They knocked it down to £700 because I walked into the shop and paid up front for it, and they said they were more used to people paying on finance for stuff at that price. Although prices were cheaper online, I only live 30 minutes away, so it made more sense to just go down there and get it, rather than waiting for it to come through the post and paying a whole load of P&P.

Right, are you taking a piss here? Metal zone IS the holy tone box :D

Yeah, as in 'Holy shit, why are you using that thing". :p :D

Well I suppose I suffer from a 30-watt combo syndrome. At the rehearsal I can't even match the drummer's volume, and it makes me want to upgrade to something more than just 50W combo.

"30W combo syndrome?" - depends upon the combo. I have a 1 x 12 Laney 30W tube amp. It'll drown most drummers out.

And it's light enough for a couple of excess groupies to lug out to the car... what's not to like? :rolleyes:

That's the 6505 plus. The 6505 is listed at £729, with an ex-demo one at £609. It was listed at about £800 online when I bought it. Their prices are cheaper online than at the shop because of staff cost and the usual reasons. So I think the price tag in the shop was about £850. They knocked it down to £700 because I walked into the shop and paid up front for it, and they said they were more used to people paying on finance for stuff at that price. Although prices were cheaper online, I only live 30 minutes away, so it made more sense to just go down there and get it, rather than waiting for it to come through the post and paying a whole load of P&P.

Man, two music stores in the 2nd largest city is what you get for living in Wales. I like GMMusic, mostly because I've been shopping there for over 2 years, bought loads and I get stuff for their online price all the time now. But when it comes to amps, it's just VOX, Line6, Fenders and Marshalls (and they never have tube amps in store, it's just MG and JCM series). Thanks god they at least sell a great range of accessories.

Yeah, as in 'Holy shit, why are you using that thing". :p :D

Because I can't afford Boss ML-2 Metalcore yet :p:D

"30W combo syndrome?" - depends upon the combo. I have a 1 x 12 Laney 30W tube amp. It'll drown most drummers out.

And it's light enough for a couple of excess groupies to lug out to the car... what's not to like? :rolleyes:

Man, but when you can get 400W for just 600 bucks man..
I wish Behringer would start producing tube amps. Anyway, I'll have to thing about this whole thing. I've only just started practicing with a band, or rather auditioning loads of people so I'm not gigging for at least a few months. And I don't have 600 bucks to begin with :D

Man, two music stores in the 2nd largest city is what you get for living in Wales. I like GMMusic, mostly because I've been shopping there for over 2 years, bought loads and I get stuff for their online price all the time now. But when it comes to amps, it's just VOX, Line6, Fenders and Marshalls (and they never have tube amps in store, it's just MG and JCM series). Thanks god they at least sell a great range of accessories.

So what you need to do is convince a mate that drives (and few other mates so that you don't come across as gay) that a weekend in Brighton would be just the ticket. I mean, it's by the sea, it's pretty much a party town. Flesh those 2 points out a bit. Then you can go amp shopping :D

What rock star says that? You? ;^)

Yeah, you caught me. I was just suffering from a bit of inferiority because nothing I have can be measured in "stacks" except for pancakes. Figured if I called it "rock star talk" maybe it would catch on! :D

Yeah, you caught me. I was just suffering from a bit of inferiority because nothing I have can be measured in "stacks" except for pancakes. Figured if I called it "rock star talk" maybe it would catch on! :D

I can stack my Deluxe Reverb atop my Super... ;^)

Actually, I do have a Marshall 50 watt half stack. In fact, I have two cabs, so I could make a full stack out of it, if a 50 watter could ever be termed that. But it's too much amp for the gigs I am playing these days. I turn it on every once in a while to blow the dust out of it, but it's WAY too loud.

Well I suppose I suffer from a 30-watt combo syndrome. At the rehearsal I can't even match the drummer's volume, and it makes me want to upgrade to something more than just 50W combo.

30 watt all-tube will be WAY louder than a 30 watt non-tube amp.

you cant compare.

you will never need more volume than that and if you did the rest of the band is playing too loud IMO

nothing sucks worse than lugging around a 'half stack' as well.

Behringer do make and distribute their BUGERA line of tube amps.

IMO Behringer's analog modelling V-Tone amps have very good sound for very little money.

Peace

I thought BUGERA was a bass-only line of amps? Except for that 15W practice Vintager amp?

Wow dude, cheers! I had no idea it was a daughter-brunch of Behringer, that's why I've never seen it in their catalogue.

I'm gonna check on the prices with my local guitar shop tomorrow.

30 tube watts are a lot louder than 30 ss watts.

Back