Yamaha MD4s into computer?

dibliss

How do I connect my YamahaMD4s into my computer so I can record my tracks into my computer. And can the recorded tracks be turned into real audio for a website?How do I do it.

Assuming you have a decent sound card, go from stereo out (RCA) to line in (1/8" phone cable). You will need a Y cable to do this. Then you will need some software to record with. I use Soundforge. After that, you can convert it to whatever format you want, but you will need to find a file converter somewhere on the net. I hate real audio, and I would suggest using MP3's, but it's up to you.

-Nilbog

I have cakewalk express 6 and Real Producer 7. Could you tell mehow to make the RealAudio files using these softwares.

dibliss,

I use Real Producer to convert my wav file to ra file. Real Producer will run you through the process completely however in my case, I couldn't get it to work properly with my sever (some servers are different).
Instead of following Real Producers instructions for publishing to my webpage I had to use a different method as perscribed by my server. I've been up and running on my webpage for several months now and I personally like it better than Mp3's.
This is because I hate waiting for Mp3's to download. If you have a potential customer on your website I don't think they are going to wait forever either.

Of course you know that Real Player is also necessary to listen to streaming audio. I downloaded it and Real Jukebox for free at real.com. I also have a link for this site on my webpage for those who don't already have it.

Hope this helps,
Rusty K

Back