Hi, I'm Jonas, Can you help me out?

jonasjamison

Hi,

I'm using the m-audio fast track pro, audacity, and condesor mic samson co1. Everytime I try to record my acoustic guitar, it clips, or if it isn't clipping, there is barely any sound at all.

Please if anyone knows anything about this, help me out, I can't record any of my songs. I feel terrible.

Thanks,
Jonas Jamison

It might not be the problem, but if I were you I'd get a new card, one that was designed for recording.

wow, now you have to be a computer geek with lots of money to record a couple songs...

wow, i feel like shit

thanks for the tips anyways.

man.......................................

a cheap way to record songs with decent quality. woww..

You can check to that your computer is using the FastTrack Pro instead of the Soundblaster on your control panel...
...also make sure that you have the instrument/mic level set correctly, that you have the gain set right on the inputs and the outputs, that you have everything hooked up correctly, and that your cables are good, with clean connections - often the answer to a problem is a bad cable...if none of that works, see if you can isolate the problem....to the mic, to the box, to the cables, to the software, down the line....

You can check to that your computer is using the FastTrack Pro instead of the Soundblaster on your control panel...
...also make sure that you have the instrument/mic level set correctly, that you have the gain set right on the inputs and the outputs, that you have everything hooked up correctly, and that your cables are good, with clean connections - often the answer to a problem is a bad cable...if none of that works, see if you can isolate the problem....to the mic, to the box, to the cables, to the software, down the line....

Thanks a lot for the tips, I'll try everything you said.

-Jonas

Oh man, I really thought I had it for a second.

When I listen to it through the headphones, what it records sounds so beautiful, like crisp and clear, no clipping... But when I record it through the computer, it is so horrible, and clips.

I tried messing with the settings in the computer, and the hardware, but I don't know what's wrong still.

Please if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I'll never record....

Thanks,

-Jonas

So, it's probably something with the computer, but I can't figure it out...

The drivers are fine, it runs, says it is functioning properly.

IF ANYONE USES FAST TRACK PRO, OUT THERE, PLEASE HELP!!!

What are your settings?? Any IDEAS!??!???!

-Jonas

Thank You So Much !!!

GOOD NEWS!

Unbelievable!

you were right, it was the program, REAPER is great!

I'm buying it !!!!

That beautiful sound was completely recorded!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

All of you guys are awesome, this is the first time I ever had a problem resolved with technical things like computers!!!

thank you!!!

I want to thank all of you guys, especially for that last comment by sscientist for helping me.

I bought reaper, it's really awesome, now I can do anything.

Cya guys later, thanks so much.

-jonas jamison:D

well done you guys....!!...That was a beautiful thing!!
Cheers,
Mark.

(apparently I "must spread some rep around before giving it to ssscientist again"!!!!)

Back