My first instrumental

Hi, Sikter

Nice guitar job, and excellent tone/playing, congrats...(What´s the setup)?
Drums lacks "impact" (overcompressed, maybe?); I like the groove.

Ciro

this totally rocks. Gotta agree with CIRO, the drums are very flat sounding. Also maybe it's just me, but it's a little heavy on the low end which is making it kinda muddy sounding to me. But overall I think it sounds pretty darn good.

Hey Siktar!!...some great playing and tones there! Love the driving beat too...

I can hear it as commercial material...informing us of the type of commercial you have in mind, could keep us focused in suggestions(if any) to help make it more product suave....

Hi, Sikter

Nice guitar job, and excellent tone/playing, congrats...(What´s the setup)?
Drums lacks "impact" (overcompressed, maybe?); I like the groove.

Ciro
Hello Ciro,
It’s a big honour to get that kind of feedback from such a great guitar player.
I have always admired you.
Setup is next:
Stratocaster (Standard) to Boss GT8
GT8 to M-Audio F410 card (digital DI connections)
I was just playing around and recorded many different ideas using different guitar patches.
Some of them are very dirty and my clamsy playing made them even worse. It doesn’t matter.
My plan is to pick up a couple of those which fit best and retrack everything when my video is finished.
Drums are Addictive drums played on a midi keyboard. (I would prefer not to call it playing)
They could sound better I am sure but I did not pay too much attention to them. I’ll work on it one (suuny) day.
sikter

@santiu & @true-eurt
Thank you for listening and kind words.
It's not going to be any of those TV-commercials (like Coca-cola commarcial etc).
My video is mostly computer animated 3D models of the hydraulic deck machinery.
I'll make a DVD-s and they will be sent to our customers as propaganda material for our new product (which I designed myself)
I'll post a clip when it's ready.
sikter

Wow, this is different for you Sikter...
Lots going on (the drums but what can you do? the bass is a little MIA in the intro - might need a tiny bit of definition.)
Some excellent tones and a very good arrangement.
I didn't pick you for a shredder but then again...
Good, good and good - great pinched notes too.
Vid is pretty bloody flash toooo. But what is the thing?

You've got some nice Iron Maiden style riffing going on here.... drums sound really subdued though, they heve to be fixed. Try not to use too much of the effects in Addictive drums itself. That was one mistake I was making in the beginning. Great solo! Song just needs the right bite....:D

Cheers
Joe

Wow, this is different for you Sikter...
Lots going on (the drums but what can you do? the bass is a little MIA in the intro - might need a tiny bit of definition.)
Some excellent tones and a very good arrangement.
I didn't pick you for a shredder but then again...
Good, good and good - great pinched notes too.
Vid is pretty bloody flash toooo. But what is the thing?

Hello RayC, I've been looking for your video-thread to comment it.
I liked it very much and I was wondering what editing software you were using...
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.
Oh yeah I'm a shredder but I never expected of me to actually record something like that.
I needed music for the video and the deadline was short.
The thing is hydraulic winch (or crane) control unit.
I design those for a living but the video is first time project.
I was told to be creative, artistic and unique. I'm probably going to get fired:D.

@joeym
You are right about Addictives. I know what went wrong.
Thank you for your comment.
sikter

Back