QS8 volume control slider

dogooder

My QS8 slider is out again. I wanted to replace it last time but could not find a replacement. The schematic does not give you a part number. I bought a slider that seemed to meet the specs I could find. It didn't work. I wound up taking the original one apart, cleaning it and putting it back together and it has worked till now. It is not designed to be taken apart and I don't think it will survive another "operation". It is a different slider than the four next to it or I would just switch one out. Anyone know where a slider replacement for these can be found. Alesis support either doesn't exist anymore and if it does, it is probably as worthless as it has always been.

Anything here look good ?

I had looked into that site last time around and am pretty sure they were either not available or weren't the right one. I will have to check again. They may have added to their inventory since then also? Although the schematic gives some specs it doesn't specify a part number. I will have to contact the site and ask them which is which and if they have it. Thanks. It is a pretty easy R&R. I just contacted them, will let you know. I know Syntaur doesn't have them.

Parts list shows three different sliders with two of the part numbers being at that site. But, it doesn't say which is which and when I pulled mine there were no PNs on them.
POT 0-09-1034 POT 1KA STEREO SLIDE 45mm 1 SLIDER
POT 0-09-1106 POT 10KB SINGLE CONTROL EYELT 18mm-SHFT 1 PITCH WHEEL
POT 0-09-1124 POT 10KB DUAL CONTROL EYELET 1 MOD WHEEL
REP 8-20-0099 KEY WEIGHTED ‘C’ WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0102 KEY WEIGHTED ‘D’ WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0103 KEY WEIGHTED ‘E’ WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0104 KEY WEIGHTED ‘F’ WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0105 KEY WEIGHTED ‘G’ WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0106 KEY WEIGHTED ‘A’ WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0107 KEY WEIGHTED ‘B’ WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0108 KEY WEIGHTED BLACK Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0109 KEY WEIGHTED ‘A’LOW END WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
REP 8-20-0110 KEY WEIGHTED ‘C’HIGH END WHITE Q8 1 INDIVIDUAL KEY
RES 0-00-0000 RES 0 OHM 1/8W 5% 1 SLIDER

The Quadrasynth is something I always find myself coming back to. Something about the action on the vintage synth Q Card.

I was thinking the PCB/VR Fader Assy. as a whole might do it, but who knows.
They did not have that the last time I was there but it is for a 6.2 and 8.2, don't know if it will fit or work in a QS8 original, would have to find out.

I was thinking the PCB/VR Fader Assy. as a whole might do it, but who knows.
The individual ones are no longer in stock and unavailable. I am waiting to hear about the fader assembly. It is listed for the QS8.2. If they have it, it may fit the QS8. I am waiting for an answer. I probably went through this last time.

I was informed the assembly will not fit. Maybe the sliders are the same and I can switch them out. Will have to find that out.

Nothing they have will work and I can't find the compete specs to it. Last time around I found one that matched the few specs I had and if fit the PC board but it didn't work. I am going to see if I can just bypass it. Jump that baby.

Back