"Waiting to Shine" boogie shuffle

02.jpg

used my Catalpa tele build with the fralins, for all the rhythms on this one...

strat-1.jpg

used my USACG strat build with lawrence pickups for all the solo work.

Alright - feel like I’m back in the 70s - hooking up with Joe Walsh’s younger brother - and someone else I can’t identify
- there is a loud influence there but I can’t put my finger on it - good stuff.

Alright - feel like I’m back in the 70s - hooking up with Joe Walsh’s younger brother - and someone else I can’t identify
- there is a loud influence there but I can’t put my finger on it - good stuff.
hey thanks for listening papanate, yea, joe walsh, why not! i love joe. he's been in my head ever since james gang did walk away and funk 49.

for me, this 'riff' was written all the way back in 1999, i think, and i've been holding it for a long time.
can't say exactly what my train of thought was back then, probably more like a zztop kind of slinky vibe idea.

Sounds great - I like the ripping solos. Yeah it reminds me of Joe Walsh too yet is original. Great job!

Sounds great - I like the ripping solos. Yeah it reminds me of Joe Walsh too yet is original. Great job!
howdy ho Eric V!
thanks for listening
its funny, i don't hear the joe walsh thing at all,
but i love joe, so it's all good.
maybe it's the tele...
it makes me play a bit different than when i play the strat, or the carvin, or the ibanez artist.

I'm an 80s kid, and I definitely recognize this hard hittin' truck stop buccaneer style of music! We hardly hear this kind of music anymore these days, and it's awesome what you've done with this new original! Oh, and your vocals are definitely on point with the theme! Keep up the great work! 😁

Back