Nobody using minidisc I see

jjones1700

Learning, always learning
I guess nobody has a minidisc recorder except for me??:D

Just had to put a post in this dead forum.

no we´re still out there

lot of minidisc/md8 users out there just bored of hearing how people respond to atrack and that notorious compression thats not noticeable to people who dont believe what they read

I used to except my crappy MD8 broke (damn you cheap MD8 slot mechanism!) and for the price of the repair I could buy a new recorder.

Around here most live players that use backing tracks use midi players.....I used to but went to a mp3 player several years ago. If it breaks the minidiscs are still about.

No, no, no. I meant the multi-track mixer/recorder. That looks a little more portable than my 424mkII.:D

I am still using my Tascam MD Portastudio 564 regularly:

HPIM0008.jpg

I am still using my Tascam MD Portastudio 564 regularly:

HPIM0008.jpg

I just did some reading on the 564.............have to use "data" MD instead of the typical audio ones right? How hard are they to find?

Does the Sony version use the "data" MD as well?

I might be looking into one of those two for my "mobile" studio of sorts. I'll leave the 424 all hooked up at the house.:D

I just did some reading on the 564.............have to use "data" MD instead of the typical audio ones right? How hard are they to find?

Does the Sony version use the "data" MD as well?

I might be looking into one of those two for my "mobile" studio of sorts. I'll leave the 424 all hooked up at the house.:D
I got may data disc from B&H Photo/video. The MkII will use regular disc, but will only use two tracks.

So the Sony does multi-track and the Tascam does 2 tracks?

Cool. Thanks for the replies folks. I might be getting something along those lines in the not too distant future.:D

Clarification: the Tascam 564 is a full-blown 4 track MD Portastudio, but it will ONLY record onto 4 tracks with MD Data discs. Using other MD media will not work with the 564, you MUST user MD data discs, period. I know, I have tried. And the 564 is only a 4 track in name only. It is capable of a LOT more. Using ping-pong and the bounce forward feature will allow for many more tracks to be recorded. The 564 was and still is a very serious machine. Plus, it has four XLR inputs, as well as line-level inputs. For the full story on the 564, go here: http://www.minidisc.org/mix_tascam.html

Back