Rami mix

New mix, with shortened reverb tails at breaks, track delay on Guitars toned down, and more 'Murder type' kick.

Oh also, I forgot, I did a bit of vocal tuning as well. Only a little. :)

Attachments

• Say No More Jimmy Mix2.mp3
    7.6 MB · Views: 12
Actually, I just got home. And working on getting drunk. I'll screw some stuff up later for everyone to mock me. :)

Someone still needs to neg rep me already. Cant I get some love around here? lol

I guess I should say what I did in my mix.

I reamped 4 of the guitars with the Line 6 Amp plugin in Reason. I believe I used a Classic British tone for 3 of them, and something I can't remember for the 4th.

There was two tracks for the solo. I used the Screamer plugin and put it on tube - B (only Reason users will know what I'm talking about lol.) and the other I used a Screamer and put on Tape - A and then I moved that track forward just a tad and panned it to the right.

I also reamped the bass. I hoped to make it sound PHAT and more aggressive. I don't know about the aggressiveness but it sure is phat! :D

The main vocals I ran through my dbx 160a and also ran it through my Kramer Tape plugin. I like the way it sits.

I took out some ring for the snare, compressed it quite heavily, and EQ'd heavily as well in both the lows and highs. I noticed my snare sounding phatter than anyone else's here. I guess nobody likes the phat. :(

I put reverb on the kick and snare but not on the overhead track. I also put reverb on guitars 1,2,3,4 but not on 5. I put some on the solos and I put some on the distorted vocals and on the main but not on the group.

Sounds really good, Sixer. I'd like the solos a little louder, but everything sounds nice and punchy. :cool:

Sweet, Glad ya like it :)
I just used what was provided, and those were some great tracks to begin with. Was a fun one, thanks!

My Attempt at Say No More by RAMI

Spent about 15min on this mix before my system crashed and I didn't save yet - DOH! 30min after reimporting, etc. I came up with this mix. Hope you enjoy.

-Garry

Ok I did quick 3 hour mix of this today!
Really nicely recorded!! very well played too :thumbs up:
No mastering

Hope you like it

Attachments

• Say No More MortenRA Mix_01.mp3
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
DogmaticVox

Good overall balances, the only to me that sticks out is the drums.
The Kick is too clicky for my taste and the verb really canny.
Otherwise good job!

sixer2007
Great mix! well balanced.
Nothing sticks out, like it a lot!.

jimmys69
All so a great mix. Like the flanger effect on the vocal. Tho I would like to hear the delay effect a little more upfront!.
Well balanced nice and clear.
Good mix.

DogmaticVox

Good overall balances, the only to me that sticks out is the drums.
The Kick is too clicky for my taste and the verb really canny.
Otherwise good job!

sixer2007
Great mix! well balanced.
Nothing sticks out, like it a lot!.

jimmys69
All so a great mix. Like the flanger effect on the vocal. Tho I would like to hear the delay effect a little more upfront!.
Well balanced nice and clear.
Good mix.

What about me? :(

I just downloaded this yesterday...Im not sure if im late for an entry...but I was mainly only doing it because I had a recent discussion with a friend that I thought I could get a leveled mix by just using PAZ analyzers. I did use the speakers in my laptop but mainly relied on PAZ on this mix...at the point of uploading this song, I have not heard it on any system other than the laptop....Im eager to take a listen in about an hour when I can get on the road for a min....

didn't work. That's a very murky mix especially in the low registers where it's very congested sounding.

well damn...I wont tell him about this then.....lol...sounds good on the ole laptop....ill still take a listen in the car and studio and check out the difference....

There is no contest, so not late for any entry.

Yup, mix is very bass heavy. I had to turn it off. :(

in my studio, I have Adam a7's...you quoted me saying that I listened to this one on my laptop....

Yes, I did. I was just wondering. You have good monitors though.
he was trying out a way to mix without really listening using metering instead.
Doesn't work ..... that bass sound he ended up with is horrid ...... sounds like it's back in a culvert somewhere.
Interesting idea though ...... worth a shot I suppose.

Back