Rami mix

ouch...that didnt go as well as I thought...I think the bass guitar was the only thing I was surprised with though....again...I was not expecting a stellar mix...but I thought it would have been better than what it was...I dont have the selection of plugs on my laptop as I do on my studio PC so the combination of not hearing bass and using an unfamiliar plug must have done me in....

Im downloading now on my studio PC and Ill do a quick mix and see what I come up with ....

Great, if you like to hear a sucking sound right smack dab in the soundfield. Phase delay everything. Novel, over compressed vocals check. sounds exactly like pissing down a plastic tube.

Great, if you like to hear a sucking sound right smack dab in the soundfield. Phase delay everything. Novel, over compressed vocals check. sounds exactly like pissing down a plastic tube.

I'm assuming you are referring to my mix;

Either way, making people feel like crap helps no one.

Perhaps you have some constructive criticism to offer?

I don't know guys... that "ghetto clarity" that Highbone mentioned sounds miighty intriguing... This dude might be onto something :D

Hi guys,

After lurking for a while I've decided to try and join the party... This is my first ever post and first ever mix so go easy on me (doubly!) I'm probably committing a million basic errors in there (the first being mixing in earphones - no access to decent monitors and space yet).

So yeah, constructive criticism would be great if anyone has time for a listen.

(As for an introduction, I've been playing guitar for 13 years. I also play drums, bass and piano but this is my first foray into production/mixing. I'm aiming to home record an alt-rock style album within the next 2 years.)

Thanks,

Michael

soundcloud.com/mychaelrose/rami-mix

Back